28 February 2015

Week 213 This makes me happy!

What a bumper number of entries for our last challenge and what a super reaction we had to our poser about one layer cards.
It was wonderful to have so many responses and so many differing views.
We appreciate the time you took to put forward your points of view.
One thing is apparent and that is that we all agree to differ!
The common theme however is that we as challenge hosts should set the parameters for our challenges and make it clear what is and is not acceptable.
We have had Guidelines from the outset, to help make clear was is expected, but on the subject of one layer cards, I will be adding some more guidance for the next challenge onwards.
Now on to this week!
We would like to see something that makes you say...

This makes me happy!
 It could be a colour, a technique, a design, a subject that pleases you... whatever! 
However, we would like you to TELL US what the thing is that pleases you!


Many things make me happy, home and family being big on the agenda. I just had a new chair delivered and this lady looks as though she is sitting comfortably too!
This is a card with one of the fabulous stamps from Art Impressions. They are such fun.  This lady also has something else which makes me happy... wine, but I tend to drink more white and rose rather than red.
The backdrop is from an embossing folder of corks from Darice, the sofa is paper pieced and she is coloured with Mirage pens.
The sentiment is computer generated in VNI Thufap2 font.

I could have gone on forever with things that make me happy BUT
I've limited my examples to three: coffee, cake and my pet dog 'Cookie'!!!
The other two are on my personal blog!
Card Recipe:
MFT Die-Namics - Coffee Cup dies
Paper Smooches - Dots & Dashes Dies
Clearly Besotted: Good Times sentiments
Design Paper: Doodlebug and co-coordinating sprinkles


Many things make me happy, my family, my friends...   My four legged friends are also part of my family and I couldn't imagine life without them.  My happy card uses a Lawn Fawn dog, Mama Elephant sentiment and a Simon Says die.  My background was painted with Aquatints, I'm still trying to get the hang of them.

We hope that this challenge will give you plenty of scope, but please remember to keep your submission Clean and Simple with plenty of white space!
Don't forget to tell us why it makes you happy too!
***


9 comments:

  1. Such fabulous DT cards and a lovely challenge theme.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant challenge. Love the cards from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a fun challenge!! :) I just love the examples from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge and certainly some fabulous cards from the team.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about a "happy" challenge! Thank you and thank you for your marvelous happy inspiration cards! You can see already that it will be another popular one!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful challenge as always - and great DT inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards! Love the varietry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful inspiration as always...
    Just love visiting here each week, even though I don't participate as often as I would like.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Widać po tych kartkach, że wiele rzeczy i sytuacji jest w stanie uszczęśliwić człowieka. Gratuluję wszystkim pięknych prac.Są bardzo inspirujące i niepowtarzalne.
    Pozdrawiam
    lin_ka

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.