20 October 2012

Week 90 Theme

Great News!
This has been an extremely exciting, abominably busy and somewhat stressful week for Mandi, as she is now the proud new owner of Finishing Touches, a wedding services business based on the Isle of Wight.
She has been connected with the company for some months but it's now all hers and I'm sure you would like to join me is wishing her every success in her new venture.

She will not be posting a sample card for our challenge this week as her time has been totally focused on her new endeavour, however I'm sure that you would like to visit her blog HERE, as she has lots of her crafting goodies for sale as she is streamlining her resources. Lots of them are practically unused... I myself have found quite a few bargains, I'm sure you will too. 
Sadly she can only mail to UK addresses.

Now onto our theme for this week which is
AUTUMN

You can take your inspiration from colours, festivals, seasonal images... whatever... but don't forget to keep it simple and retain that white space!

This card uses the SU set Autumn Splendour. It's a great leaf image, which together with the acorns, I made into a tile by layering several sheets of die-cut card together, stamping, colouring with watercolour pencils and clear embossing the whole tile. 
The background band was scored and the swiped with a couple of colours of Distress ink. The sentiment is by Art Impressions.




This one was inspired by Birgit, one of our wonderful LIMettes who makes the most amazing cards, in a most original style.
The tree dies are by Memory Box and the Octagons by Spellbinders.
The background was merely inked with several shades of Distress ink and then overstamped with SU  leaves from the Confetti set.





Here's that great oak leaf stamp again, this time stamped and clear embossed, with one leaf cut out and raised on pop dots to add a little dimension. Another sentiment from Art Impressions.
The border punch is by Fiskars.

We'll look forward to seeing your contributions.
Don't forget to visit Mandi and wish her Good Luck!


19 comments:

  1. Chrissie your cards are absolutely stunning. You never cease to amaze me with your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Chrissie's cards... especially the octagon one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have a bit of autumn fun before cracking on with those Christmas cards! You've outdone yourself with these lovely samples this week Chrissie! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual amazing cards from Chrissie to get our creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Octagonal card - that inky background is lovely, as is that die. Great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree three fabulous cards again from Chrissie, what inspiration ! best wishes to Mandi too on her new venture ! off for a think about my card now :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are absolutely amazing! Best of luck to Mandi--how exciting!!! My card did NOT turn out at CAS as it was in my head, so feel free to delete it and I will try harder on my rework! Happy stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are really stunning and inspirational, Chrissie! I wish Mandi all the best and will miss her. I will visit her personnal blog. Thanks for doing this and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the fun challenge! And beautiful inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i take another change for the challenge,and there are alraidy great cards well don ladies
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Mandi! I have been once on the Isle of Wight and loved it very much. Great landsapes, beaches and small towns. This is a great place for such a business.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Chrissie for another fabulous set of inspirational cards and another great challenge.
    Congratulations to Mandi too, hope everything goes well with her new venture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome challenge! I've been meaning to play for awhile now and I'm so glad I did :) !!! Beautiful cards everyone....hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Crissie, great challenge, I have been very ill (M.S.) so had to stop the chalenges and I had an accident, a driver of a wheelchair cab did not come up the ramp with me and I clattered back and have broken ribs etc. that was on 28th August and I have been getting worse so am really pushing myself, I find managing to do challenges etc ( also painting) I am an Artist). helps much more than strong pain killers. Thanks again. I look forward to trying to do one each week. I have just been trying to get back into it all again. love Carole Lockhart Stuart. :)XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first time playing along=) Such beautiful cards and lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the challenge and inspiration ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chrissy. So sorry I didn't notice that rule. I really do try to keep up with all the different rules of all the challenges. I deleted my entry. Thanks so much for your sweet comment and I will look for another opportunity to play along in the future! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work. This multicolored autumn kidnapped. Thank you for this. I had the opportunity to have fun when taking a card for the challenge.
    lin_ka1

    Piękne prace. Taka wielobarwna jesień porywa. Dziękuję za ten temat. Miałam możliwość dobrze się bawić przy robieniu karty na to wyzwanie.
    lin_ka1

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.